Motorhome Hire Sweden
Are you confused in choosing the motorhome holiday destination for this vacation? End up your confusion by visiting Sweden.
Sweden is the third largest country in Europe with a population of about 9.5 million. Sweden has its unique identity in terms of art, culture, fashion,climate, music and attraction. I am sure that you will definitely get confused about what to visit and what not to, during your trip to Sweden.
If you are planning for a longer stay in the country in summer than hiring motorhome or campervan is advisable. Book motorhome hire and campervan rental in Sweden from OnRoadCampervan, and explore Southern Sweden, Swedish Archipelago & Countryside and Swedish Panorama. You can definitely enjoy Scandinavia during your holiday tour.
Why you need to Book Campervan rental in Sweden
The Capital city of Sweden is Stockholm. It is a largest city and a great place to visit. It offers you wonderful restaurants, museums, theaters, and other architectural as well as cultural sites that are worth to amaze you. The cities also amaze you for its cleanliness. You cannot find any single reason for being unsafe here.
Lake Siljan– It is Sweden’s sixth largest lake and is situated in Dalarna, a popular motorhome holiday destination in central Sweden. The lake is the center of tradition and beliefs.
Gotland – It is Sweden’s largest island and the largest island island in the Baltic Sea. Visby is its capital city which is on UNESCO’s World’s heritage list. It is the common vacation spot for the people of Sweden.
National Parks – As far as parks are concerned, Sweden has lots of national parks and nature reserves. The eye catching scenery- mountains, dark forests, rivers, valleys – is found in Lapland in North. Abisko is one of the popular and great spot with the famous Lapporten landmark.
Göta Canal – During 19th century until the building of railways and roads, Göta Canal was one of the important routes of transport for goods and passengers between Gothenburg and Stockholm and is thus a most well known attraction in Sweden.
Elfsborg Fortress – The 17th century, Elfsborg fortress is located on a small island at the harbor entrance, at the mouth of the Göta River. With a wonderful history of battles against Danes, it was once the impressive fortress in Sweden for coastal defence. The fortress is still maintained and is highly popular among visitors.
The Swedish railway line between Kristinehamn and Gällivare which runs through central parts of northern Sweden was built between 1908 and 1937. It is about 1300 kilometers.
Safe Driving Tips Before Hiring Motorhome in Sweden
- The roads and highways in Sweden are well maintained and are toll free. Any traveler can enjoy driving on the roads of Sweden.
- While traveling to the mountains in the north, Skane area with its castles and beautiful beaches should be visited. One can drive Sweden from north to south.
- If you want to rent a motorhome or campervan, you must be at least 18 years old (age may vary by vehicle category) and have held your license for 2 years.
- Speed limits in Sweden are as follows: City 31mph/50kph Open Roads 55mph/90kph Highways 68mph/110kph.
- As large part of Sweden (about 54%) is covered with forest, lots of “Animal” warning signs are posted which are to be taken seriously.
- Between December 1 and March 31, snow tires should be compulsorily used.
- Seatbelts are compulsory at either end and children under the age of seven must sit in a child safety seat.
- Driving is allowed on the right while overtaking the vehicles from the left.