Motorhome Rental Edinburgh – Fully Equipped
Surrounded by picture-perfect nature scenery and home to many iconic landmarks located just a stone thrown away, the capital of Scotland, Edinburgh is a must-visit city for any holiday in the UK. The city is a perfect base for motorhome or campervan holidaying in the country.
Declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995, Edinburgh is world-famous for its palaces, castles, the Meadows, and festivals. There are literally countless things to do and see in this beautiful city of Central Belt region.
While in the UK, take a motorhome hire or campervan rental day tour to explore Edinburgh’s breathtaking historical sights, discover the stories behind ancient walls, and enjoy the perfect countryside retreat with our cheap campervan hire in Edinburgh. There are so many campsites in the outskirts of the city which make motorhome hire and campervan rental more comfortable and more pleasant.
Book your motorhome rental in Edinburgh with OnRoadCampervan and enjoy the holidays!
‘The Athens of the North’, Edinburgh & Campervan Drives
Escape to Lothians: Drive campervan to the east from the city along the picturesque coast of the Firth of Forth to Dunbar where en route many charming villages will pass by. You can also take a break and enjoy sunbathing on one of its spectacular beaches. The nearest attraction golf course is only 15 minute away from the city center.
Historical Delights: Sitting northwest of Edinburgh is one of the most popular sights of Scotland – Loch Lomond. Following this itinerary, you will pass through the magnificent ancient ruins of Linlithgow Palace, the historic city of Sterling, and many campsites and caravan parks.
A Scenic Road-trip to Glasgow: Motorhome self-driving from Edinburgh to Glasgow and get lost in the dazzling countryside scenery along the way. While driving this itinerary, enjoy shopping in Livingstone, hike the Pentlands Hills Regional Park, and explore Chatelherault Country Park.
Travel Tip Before Hiring Motorhome or Campervan
- Driving is on the left side of the road.
- Edinburgh thrives on excellent road network within and outside the city. However, some countryside roads need care by drivers.
- It is well connected to all other part of the country. All major routes have fuel stations in abundance.
- The maximum speed limit is 30 mph for urban roads, 60mph for provincial roads, and 7 mph for national roads and motorways.
- Drunk driving is not allowed like other cities of the UK. The permitted blood alcohol limit is 0.08
- June to August are best months to visit Edinburgh and its surrounding famous locations
So, what’s stopping you now? Book your motorhome hire or campervan rental and spend a day or more exploring the fascinating sites of Edinburgh and the Lothian in great comfort and style upon arrival.